10/02/2011 - Mid-project review - 30 minutes

I stated the successes and failures of my project so far. In the meeting with my supervisor, he recommended that I should use Google Sites rather than Dreamweaver because the software offers website templates whereas Dreamweaver doesn't. By having a ready made template I can stop wasting time developing the layout of the website, I can focus fully on the content in it.


Changes made after mid-project review:


The one major change that I am going to make due to the dicussion with my supervisor is the transfer from using Adobe Dreamweaver to Google Sites. The reason for this is so that I can fully focus on the content of my websites rather than it's layout. Also we agreed to use Google Sites as it is free and can be accessed at both school and home. In addition of this, the discussion with my supervisor has reminded me to constantly use my Delicious account when referencing any sources that I am going to refer to in my website. I have also been advised to constantly review my Gantt chart as it will help with my time management. With this in mind, I will keep reviewing my chart making sure that I am completing project tasks within the time period. 


Next planned steps:


My next planned step in the progress of my project is to stop using Adobe Dreamweaver because of the reasons stated above. I am then going to pick a relevant and appropriate Google Sites template and start to put the content in the website. Whilst in the progress of building and developing my website, I will continue to gather research from my other sources. I will organise the interview with Oliver Bailey and book the Duxford trip. It is important that I gather the information from Oliver Bailey and Duxford as it allow me to continue will my project and finish my website.   


As well having the meeting with my supervisor, I also completed the 'mid-project review' section in the AQA documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment