07/10/2010 - Meeting with Supervisor - 30 Minutes

The agenda for the meeting was to discuss my first idea for my Extended Project with my supervisor. I believe the meeting was very important to hold with my supervisor as it allowed another person's perspective on my project. The meeting would allow me to take advice on board which would help improve my project and make it more successful. After reviewing the meeting and my supervisor comments, we both agreed that my first initial idea for my project was too broad and that I should focus on one particular area. After taking into account my supervisors advice, I have decided to analyse different aspects of commercial jet transport, not jet transport as a whole. This decision will allow me to focus on one particular area. As a result of this I feel that my project will be more detailed and can be presented more clearly. Due to the slight change of my project, the new title will be 'The Evolution and Future Developments of Commercial Jet Aircraft'. I will have to adjust my first mind map so its relevant to my new title/topic. From there I can then go on and convert my new mind map into a gantt chart.

In the meeting, I also discussed how I was going to present the information I am going to gather. We both agreed that I would use my ICT Skills I have learnt this year and last year to present my project. After discussing possible options, I opted to present my project through a website. The reason behind this is that I have past experience using Adobe Dreamweaver (Website Software). As well as having skills and experience using a website software, I also enjoy making websites and it would also benefit myself in the future as I am looking at a possible option of taking a Web Design course at university. During the meeting, my supervisor made sure that I knew what the purpose and audience of my project was. This is a very important matter as you need to make sure that you carry out a number of procedures. For example, the language used in your project, must be relevant to your audience.

Overall I believe the meeting went very well and was very effective. After recieving advice and getting another person's perspective on my project, I noticed a number of aspects that needed changing from my original idea. These changes would make my project more effective and successful. I feel that the meeting with my supervisor was very beneficial, as it has enabled me to see where my project is going and want needs to be done in the planning of it. As the result of having a meeting with my supervisor, I feel much confident and I now believe that my project can be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment